Another week down and the Atlanta Braves still set the pace in the latest MLB Power Rankings. As well as the Baltimore Orioles have played, the Braves have been just as good and coming from behind to win some games they probably should not have. That’s the sign of an excellent baseball and one that is going to be difficult to beat in a series in October.
In the middle of the rankings, there was shifting with the Boston Red Sox moving up, with the Toronto Blue Jays moving after they were passed in the Wild Card standings by the Seattle Mariners, who are becoming a threat to grab one of the three American League spots after sweeping the Houston Astros this weekend.
The New York Yankees had their postseason hopes completely dashed in the last week losing eight straight games and being finished off after being swept at home by the Red Sox no less. The San Diego Padres saw their postseason chances take a big hit as well, losing three out of four at home over the weekend to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
As we continue to inch closer to September, here are the latest MLB Power Rankings.
- Atlanta Braves (last week: 1)
- Baltimore Orioles (last week: 2)
- Los Angeles Dodgers (last week: 3)
- Texas Rangers (last week 4)
- Tampa Bay Rays (last week: 5)
- Seattle Mariners (last week: 8)
- Philadelphia Phillies (last week: 7)
- Houston Astros (last week 6)
- Chicago Cubs (last week: 9)
- Milwaukee Brewers (last week: 10)
- San Francisco Giants (last week: 12)
- Minnesota Twins (last week: 13)
- Boston Red Sox (last week: 16)
- Toronto Blue Jays (last week: 11)
- Miami Marlins (last week: 15)
- Cincinnati Reds (last week: 14)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (last week: 19)
- San Diego Padres (last week: 18)
- Cleveland Guardians (last week: 20)
- Los Angeles Angels (last week: 21)
- New York Yankees (last week: 17)
- Pittsburgh Pirates (last week: 22)
- New York Mets (last week: 24)
- Detroit Tigers (last week: 23)
- St. Louis Cardinals (last week: 25)
- Washington Nationals (last week: 27)
- Chicago White Sox (last week: 26)
- Colorado Rockies (last week: 28)
- Kansas City Royals (last week: 29)
- Oakland Athletics (last week: 30)
The Braves are setting the pace and unless something strange happens, they will continue to set the pace into the postseason and that’s when the real fun begins.